Thank you for your interest in covering NYC Pride 2017. You should complete this application if you are:
- A working journalist, photographer, or videographer on assignment to cover NYC Pride.
- A print or electronic media outlet planning to send staff to cover out events.
- A content creator that distributes your work through rights managed servicing outlets (i.e. Getty Images).
If you are not one of the above and are seeking to create/capture content at NYC Pride 2017, please email your request to email@example.com.
- Applications will only be accepted via this form, and only through Thursday, June 15, 2017, at 5 p.m. EST.
- Only one application should be completed by each Media outlet.
- NYC Pride will issue separate media credentials for each of the following events:
- NYC Pride Rally - Friday, June 16th, Foley Square (public access event, limited credentials for speaker interviews only)
- Family Movie Night - Tuesday, June 20th, Pier 45
- Pride Island - Friday, June 23; Saturday, June 24; Sunday, June 25, Pier 26
- NYC Pride March - Sunday, June 25 (including access to press conference with Grand Marshals)
- PrideFest - Sunday, June 25 (public access event, limited credentials for talent interviews only)
- If an Assignment Editor or Producer cannot complete the application, or if you are an individual on assignment to cover NYC Pride, you may be required to submit a letter of assignment from your Media outlet.
- Applications submitted prior to May 30th, 2017 will receive a decision on June 2, 2017. Applications received after May 30th will receive a decision on a rolling basis, usually within 72 hours.
- If you or your Media outlet have been credentialed to cover NYC Pride in the past, you will be required to provide examples of previously published content.
- If you or your Media outlet have not covered NYC Pride before, we will require examples of recently published content from similar events (e.g. other LGBT, cultural, or activism-based events).
- Please note that for talent appearing at PrideFest and Pride Island, restrictions may be placed on recording and/or photographing of performances. You may be required to sign an agreement(s) to restrictions on recording and/or photographing certain of the performances at these events as a condition of entry.
- NYC Pride will make the final decision on all credentialed applications based on space available and the size, scope, and circulation of an individual publication or content creator. Decisions will be made on a by-event basis, and applicants may not be approved for all events they wish to cover.
- If your application is approved, passes can be picked up at the “Media Check-In” locations for each event. Passes will not be provided in advance.
- NYC Pride reserves to right to revoke any credential it issues at any time.
If you have a particular story or angle that you are interested in covering, or require comment for a story being published prior to our events, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.